(Fnord) Edupage, 10 September 1996

Bill Frantz frantz at netcom.com
Wed Sep 11 14:54:19 PDT 1996

I'm preaching to the choir, but I can't resist.

>From Edupage, 10 September 1996:
>A leading Clinton Administration official ... Michael Nelson, who adds
>that organized crime members are already some of the most sophisticated
>users of computer systems and strong encryption technology.  In addition,
>computer crackers will pose a more significant threat.

The bad guys already have strong encryption.  So why doesn't the Clinton
administration immediately press for the widespread deployment of strong
encryption to help defend us against the bad guys?

Bill Frantz       | "Lone Star" - My personal  | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     |  choice for best movie of  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at netcom.com |  1996                      | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA