No Subject

A L scrappo.reverb at juno.com
Wed Sep 11 03:29:28 PDT 1996

I apologize for any behavior on behalf of my domain name.
(A little background:)
I am a cryptographer hopeful. I was interested in such
things as the Caesar Cypher and the Enigma machine and the
Roman encryption "padlock" when other kids were more
interested in how the water fountain shot water straight up.
After some thought and a little writing, I developed
an encryption program using Mallard Basic on an old
Amstrad (which I still grudgingly keep) with programming
skills I taught myself.
 I know most of the basics regarding RSA, PGP, and
assorted single pass (?) cyphers. One thing I do not
understand has to do with how RSA sieves large primes,
etc. That is one of the few things that I do not
understand about RSA. Another aspect of RSA I do not
understand is the usage of primes (or any number) in the
actual encryption process. Does the program add numbers
from the key to the plaintext to create the cyphertext, or
does it use some other process.
I am sorry if any of these questions seem redundant and/or
stupid, but at this point in time, I can't get my hands on
any actual explanation for how it works. (I would get a
copy of "Applied Cryptography," but I do not have any
source of income, which also explains Juno.)
Aiieee!!! the dreaded "J" word!
Once again, I apologize if any of this caused annoyance
or sickness.