[WAS xs4all.nl] Terrorists

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Tue Sep 10 08:00:51 PDT 1996

At 05:54 PM 9/9/96 -0700, Timothy C. May wrote:
>Given the mounting hysteria about terrorism (by the government, at least),
>and given the various laws on the books, I would not be surprised to see
>some Web sites prosecuted as "harboring" terrorists terrorist-symps.
>
>If any of you are not citizens of the U.S., and are here on visas, I would
>give this some real serious thought. Of course, maybe deportation is a
>blessing in disguise.

Course in 1951 they tried the same thing against Commies with the Smith Act.
Even authorized concentration camps for 'em and everything.  But it didn't
work.  We were still up to our asses in Commies even with the Act.  They
even captured the White House eventually.  I don't think the anit-terroism
act will be any more effective.

DCF