Anonymous phone calls (was: What is the EFF doing exactly?)

stewarts at ix.netcom.com stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 9 16:08:14 PDT 1996

At 01:03 PM 9/7/96 CST, roy at scytale.com wrote:
>In Minneapolis, USWest has Telecard phones everywhere, and vending
>machines with bill accepters.  The calls are also flat rate at $0.25.
>Can Telecards be audited for usage?  If a TLA black-bags my $25 Telecard
>from my wallet, can they reconstruct what calls I made with it?

Easily.  They get the card number off the card, and then check their
long distance records for calls made with that card number.

With some cards, you can recharge the card instead of getting new ones,
if for some reason you want to increase the audit trail substantially.

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts at ix.netcom.com
# <A HREF="http://idiom.com/~wcs">
# You can get PGP software outside the US at ftp.ox.ac.uk/pub/crypto