TWA 800 - Friendly Fire?

Dale Thorn dthorn at gte.net
Sat Sep 7 21:13:08 PDT 1996

<pstira at escape.com> wrote:
> The one thing I have been thinking about, since the very beginning, is
> am I the only person who feels this might have been somewhat less than
> unintentional?  It sure would be easy to take those rights away if
> everyone is afraid for their "lives"...
> Look at what has been happening in the news lately, and look at how
> much is "unexplained" or flimsy evidencially speaking, in the very
> least.
> If, for instance, the government wanted to cut down on civil
> liberties/civil rights, it would seem MIGHTY CONVENIENT that so much
> is "accidentally" happening so close together.
> Ditto with the Olympics thing.
> I vote something is QUITE fishy, and I guess I hope I'm not the only
> one paranoid enough to feel the same.

Sure something's fishy. Look at the technological capabilities they
have, and we're not keeping up with them. One example:

L.A. riots, 1992. 6,500 or so fires, unknown arsonist(s). But very
convenient for clearing certain properties if you're putting in a new
freeway or subway tunnel, and you don't want to have to fight with all
the riffraff who might be resistant to getting up and moving.

So how do you light all those fires? Do it the hard way - plant the
stuff (6,000-plus times!) and hope nobody catches your guys, or light
'em up from satellites, using "new experimental" focused energy. Gosh,
Mr. Bill, would they do that? Guess it depends on what you're willing to
believe. Remember what Tom Wolfe wrote about? "The reason the folks on
the East Coast (circa 1700's) were such easy victims for the pirates was
the fact that they couldn't comprehend just how vicious and ruthless the
pirates really were." (quote approximate).