Court challenge to AOL junk-mail blocks

Ross Wright rwright at adnetsol.com
Sat Sep 7 00:02:55 PDT 1996

On Or About:  6 Sep 96 at 23:16, Damaged Justice wrote:

> This is utter horseshit. AOL, like any private individual or organization,
> has the right to refuse service to anyone at any time for any reason, or
> even for no reason at all.

Sure. I agree with that, no shoes no shirt, if you are on AOL you
accept "internet-lite".

> The gubmint isn't doing SQUAT, except forcing
> AOL to allow the spammers access.

Right now.  Yet it has been apparent to me that many people are
begging for restrictions to be put in place.  Restrictions on
spammers.  The government saying anything about regulation of the
internet is bad...  Yet people still scream about a couple of
unwanted e-mails.  I'm saying that this spammer thing could be the
"kink in our armour" that lets the government into our little
playground here.  Just suck it up and delete those messages.

Jog it off.

Ross

Ross Wright
King Media: Bulk Sales of Software Media and Duplication Services
http://www.slip.net/~cdr/kingmedia
Voice: 415-206-9906