No Subject

Anonymous nobody at replay.com
Fri Sep 6 18:18:01 PDT 1996

On  5 Sep 96 at 14:31, Anonymous wrote:

> This can lead into a long argument about just _when_ violence is
> initiated, where opinion is more important than fact, but IMO:

Agreed, if you live in a world of fantassy....

> Mr. Bell, if he follows through on his scheme, *will* be initiating
> violence.

You urge us not to get into the argument about "just_when_violence is
initiated" and proceed to state the "Mr. Bell...  ...*will* be
initiating violence".  What is that english word?  Dogmatic?  Nahhh,
there must be a more precise one.   Please help me here...

> There are two roads to take in life, convincing and coercing
> others.

Looters of all persuasions have always counted on that and it worked
for them for thousands of years.

> I worry that abuse of the very young and weak (for
> now) anonymity system for the purpose of initiating, rather than
> exposing, violence will lead to more government violence than we
> already have.

You could worry all you want, but your only way to assess wether or
not it will happens is not through your feelings but trhough the use
of your rational mind.  Stop "feeling" and start thinking.

> Perhaps I am wrong and there is no hope; but if so,
> that means another revolution.  Revolutions are very romantic
> sounding, to those who have not been in a war.

I suppose that this refers to AP.  If so, go RTFM because you
conclusions and the workings of AP are not compatible.  AP would not
lead to a war, per se.  Neither a civil war.

> I urge everyone to
> read "Emancipating Slaves, Enslaving Free Men" by Jeffrey Rogers
> Hummel for a look at what our last revolution got us (hint: it was
> *not* less government).

I urge you to have a look at what is at the root of the growth of
govt.  It is not things but ideas, basic premises about life and the
interaction between individuals.  Ultimately, basic premises about
the nature of Man is what brought us more govt.

To understand govt excess, you've got to understand what is into the
brain of the govt peoples.

jfa

"One of theses centuries, the brutes, private or public, who believe
that they can rule their betters by force, will learn the lesson of
what happens when brute force encounters mind and force."
                                             - Ragnar Danneskjold :)

Jean-Francois Avon
 DePompadour, Societe d'Importation Ltee
   Limoges porcelain, silverware and crystal
 JFA Technologies, R&D consultants
   physicists, technologists and engineers.
PGP keys at: http://w3.citenet.net/users/jf_avon
ID# C58ADD0D : 529645E8205A8A5E F87CC86FAEFEF891