Tack of Internet censorship

Steve Schear azur at netcom.com
Fri Sep 6 04:37:40 PDT 1996

>nobody at replay.com wrote:
>Six months ago, the Internet censors and Exon wannabees took the
>tack of "the Internet is too hard to censor".
>
>Now, their motto is "There will be some who get around our
>censorship, but we will try anyway."
>
>Unfortunately, I believe these censorship strikes will
>keep happening unless we find a way to stalemate them.
>
>What I am proposing is that Apache or other WWW servers
>have a way to allow access to site B's URL at site A,
>similar to the old trick of finger user at sitea.com@siteb.com.
>
>Implementation should be simple.  However, I wonder what
>is a good standard way to specify this in the URL or
>a site.

Whatever happened to Ray Cromwell's Decense
<http://www.clark.net/pub/rjc/decense.html> project ?  Decense, "a cgi
script designed to provide a double-blind pseudonym scheme which allows a
site to hide
behind a chain of http servers which 'proxy' for it. Neither the user [ID]
requesting the document, nor the ultimate address of the destination web
site is immediately available to prying government eyes.

-- Steve

PGP Fingerprint: FE 90 1A 95 9D EA 8D 61  81 2E CC A9 A4 4A FB A9
Steve Schear, N7ZEZ       | Internet: azur at netcom.com
Grinder                   | Voice: 1-702-655-2877
Sacred Cow Meat Co.       | Fax: 1-702-658-2673
7075 W. Gowan Road, #2148 |
Las Vegas, NV 89129       |

Just say NO to perscription DRUGS.