What is the EFF doing exactly?

Stanton McCandlish mech at eff.org
Tue Sep 3 20:56:11 PDT 1996

> Compromise is not necessarily a bad thing; without some give and take, we
> sorta run right over each other. OTOH, I do agree that a strong position is
> necessary at this juncture.

Certainly. EFF regularly compromises with our allies, e.g. on who will
run a particular web page, what a campaign icon will look like, where an
event will be held, etc.  We're just not in the habit of compromising on
legislation, since we are not in a position to give or sell anything,
particular the rights of the public and of individual citizens.

--
<HTML><A HREF="http://www.eff.org/~mech/">    Stanton McCandlish
</A><HR><A HREF="mailto:mech at eff.org">        mech at eff.org
</A><P><A HREF="http://www.eff.org/">         Electronic Frontier Foundation
</A><P>        Online Activist    </HTML>