Bob Dole on Drugs

Adamsc Adamsc at io-online.com
Mon Sep 2 01:12:40 PDT 1996

On Sun, 1 Sep 1996 11:33:02 -0500 (CDT), Igor Chudov @ home wrote:

>http://allpolitics.com/news/9608/31/radio.addresses/
>
>... snip ...
>
>   Dole, who returned to Washington for Labor Day
>   weekend, also pledged to use the White House as a
>   bully pulpit to promote the "moral message"
>   against drugs and to criticize what he called the
>   entertainment industry's glamorization of drug use.
>
>   On Sunday, he is to address the convention of the
>   National Guard Association of the United States
>   during which he's expected to propose that the
>   military be enlisted to assist in a renewed war on
>   drugs.

This actually makes a lot of sense; if you've decided on an all-out war on
drugs, doing it right is *much* better than some sort of weenie effort like
we've got.  I liked Robert Heinlein on immigration "If we're going to stop
immigration build a Berlin style wall complete with alligators in the moat.
Otherwise give up the pretense; nothing is more expensive or less useful than a
wall that isn't."  (very loosely paraphrased)

- "'Anonymity is bad,' says a source who wishes to remain anonymous." - Nuff' said.
* Home: Chris Adams <adamsc at io-online.com> | http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
* Autoresponder: send email w/subject of "send resume" or "send PGPKEY"
* Work: cadams at acucobol.com | V.M. (619)515-4894 | (619)689-6579
* Member in good standing of the GNU whirled hors d'oeuvre