anon.penet.fi: URGENT REQUEST

paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 1 10:23:30 PDT 1996

FAO: ALL CYPHERPUNKS & COMMUNITY LIST READERS

I wish to gauge the response on something here:

Following the closure of the anon.penet.fi remailer:

If I can get enough funding to cover all expenses (I am a student and
cannot unfortunately contribute much myself) I will install lines and
hardware at my premises and run the equivalent to the anon.penet.fi
remailer.

I don`t know what the response to this will be, I need approximately
5000 UK pounds to set up such an operation (Yes, a leased line really
does cost that much in the UK) and then a monthly income of around
3000 UK pounds.

The service, I propose, would be free to the users, and maintained my
by voluntary donation, no access restriction would be placed on
non-paying users.

Please send me mail at paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk with the subject as
ANON.PENET.FI SERVER and the message body an ammount in UK pounds or
dollars (approximate ammounts are OK) so I can guage the response.
         NO MONEY WILL BE TAKEN AT THE PRESENT TIME.

As I said, I just want to see what teh response is like and to see if
it would be possible, I also would be unable to set it up until I had
some solid commintment from the people giving the money, I expect a
large response to this and a measly one to the real appeal for hard
cash if it goes ahead!  -  anyway, mail me and i`ll report the
response back soon...

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
     Paul Bradley, Paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
       Http://www.fatmans.demon.co.uk/crypt/