slander and call for lawyers. :)

Lurker lurker at mail.tcbi.com
Thu Oct 31 21:57:05 PST 1996

At 08:10 AM 10/27/96 -0400, William H. Geiger III wrote:
>In <Pine.SUN.3.94.961026164648.10071G-100000 at polaris>, on 10/26/96 at
04:48 PM,
>   Black Unicorn <unicorn at schloss.li> said:

>>> Why don't you use the funds pledges for my defunct trip to California
>>> for Ray's lithium bill.
>
>>Suggesting that a person is on a psychoactive mediciation with the
purpose of
>>harming that persons image or character is likely actionable.
>
>>I'd be careful if I were you.  If said individual ever manages to
>>substantiate damages you've got an interesting time ahead of you.
>
>Well as much as it pains me to take Dimitri's side I doubt that any
damages can be
>proved by his statements on this list. My reasoning for this opinion is as
follows:

>A.  Dimitri is a nut, kook, ...ect. Definitely suffering from dimished
capacity.

>B. Everyone on the list is aware of point A.
>
>C. So with A & B true when Dimitri makes his nutty statements they are
taken by the
>list as just that, nutty statements.
>
>Under the above I find it hard to see any real damage caused by Dimitri's
statements.
>Granted Dimitri is an anoying pest, I don't think that a lawsuite will do
anything to
>slow him down as I don't see one as winable.

I personally am getting sick of this thread of messages.  I have taken the
steps, as everyone should when annoyed by useless and bothersome threads
and people, to filter this thread and all messages written by Dr DV to the
Trash. (Maybe many of you could do the same.)

I would appreciate it if everyone who has been posting messages with the
above subject (actually 'slander and call for lawyers') please keep the
subject, to save those of us who choose not to listen to this noise from
the hassel of changing our filters.

Thank you for your understanding.