Rumours of NSA breakin

Michael Tighe SUN IMP michael.tighe at Central.Sun.COM
Thu Oct 31 12:10:19 PST 1996

>	I've been hearing rumours of an alledged compromise
>of the NSA Web server but no hard evidence. The claim made is
>that several Mb of files were downloaded from the server and
>posted to the "Internet". I can't see it in sci.crypt or
>alt.conspiracy though.

While it is true the NSA has some machines directly connected to the
Internet (most are on private internal TCP/IP networks), and some even
contain classified information, their WWW server isn't one of them. So, it
is doubtful anything other than intended information was downloaded from
it.