anonymous oddsman

John Anonymous MacDonald nobody at cypherpunks.ca
Sat Oct 26 04:40:58 PDT 1996

[Please repost these odds where appropriate.]
Below, we find one of the oddsman's final gambling reports on all
the candidates listed on 50 states. The anonymous oddsman service
will cease for about 3&1/2 years or so after Nov. 5th, but we hope
to bring you at least one more update before then. Thanks to all
who have helped.

              Prices @ 09:05 BST Sat 26th Oct 96
        +---------+----------------+----------------+
        |         |  Ladbroke's    | William Hill   |
        +---------+----------------+----------------+
        | Clinton | Not currently offered by either |
        | Dole    |     7:1        |      8:1       |
        | Perot   |   No bets      |    500:1       |
        | Browne  | Not currently offered by either |
        +---------+----------------+----------------+
        | Phone   | +44-800-524524 | +44-800-444040 |
        | Numbers:|                |                |
        +---------+----------------+----------------+

Our roving reporter reports "still nothing from Coral." Then, in
his own inimitable terminology, he offers the following:

        "Does the fact that they are not offering any bets
        on Harry Browne mean that they reckon his chances
        are as good as trouser-brain   ???       :-)"

The oddsman cannot comment on this for the following two reasons:

1. Like the U.S. news media, he is trying to maintain a "sheen
of objectivity," even though pretty-much-everyone knows who the
oddsman is pulling for.

2. The anonymous oddsman is a family service! ;)

Still no word from Moscow, and now the oddsman is getting more
curious than ever about whether there are still Clinton odds in
mother Russia. Interesting that Ladbroke house has even stopped
taking _Perot_ bets now. The horse race ends before it begins.
anonymous oddsman

"Demeaning the integrity of the U.S. Presidential election process
for you on a regular basis, at no charge."