Recruiting machines for DES key recovery

paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 26 03:17:01 PDT 1996

> There are thousands of Amigas out there, and they're powerful enough
> to do video production on... a C port with assembler optimizations
> shouldn't be more painful than one for a PC or Mac.  Why not put some
> of them to use (especially if they're unused) key cracking?
>
> [Disclaimer: I have no first hand experience with programming Amigas
> though... would they be too slow?]

I can`t do the port myself unless the PC code is going to be in C as
I don`t write amiga assembler anymore (not for about 2 years).

As for the speed I have an A4000/030 here which is about equivalent
to a 486 dx 33 or similar and the average amiga, an A1200 is about
the same as a 486 sx 25

I really don`t think a port is worth doing though because there are
few amiga owners who use the internet extensively because the TCP/IP
stack (amitcp) for the amiga is a load of crap.

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul at crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul at cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1