OTP

Paul Bradley paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 23 08:49:53 PDT 1996

> Where do these idiots come from and why do they end up on this mailing list?

I have asked myself the same question many a time when reading your
inane and witless postings

> > > Can you explain to me how your one time pad algorithm is any better than
> > > encryption something with, say, RC4 or any other cipher using a key that
> > > is the same length as the seed for your PRNG?
> >
> > Well for a start there is no possible cryptanalytic (rather than
> > brute force) attack on a one time pad, the system can be
> > mathematically proven to be secure with a very simple bit of
> > statistics.

The proof is intuitive, if there is equal or greater entropy in the
pad as there is in the message and the pad is used in a proper OPT
fashion (never repeating) there is no way to determine the correct
decryption, as simple as that doctor fuckup.

As for when I said brute force, fault admitted, I was probably
thinking about a stream cipher or something, as you know as well as
me (or probably don`t as you know nothing about cryptography) there
is no concept of a brute force attack on an OTP as there are many
correct decryptions for different pads.

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul at crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul at cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1