[NOISE] Tim May's off-topic noise and personal attacks

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Tue Oct 22 19:41:46 PDT 1996

cc:'d to John Gilmore.

Rabid Wombat <wombat at mcfeely.bsfs.org> writes:

> > Timmy May is an ignorant coward. He's got nothing better to do,
> > so he starts up flame wars on this mailing list. He can't contribute
> > anything crypto-relevant because he knows nothing about cryptography.
>
> As I recall, he posted ONE piece of satire back in August. It was a

You "recall" wrong. There were about a dozen flames posted by Tim May
over the summer, attacking me for no apparent reason and attributing to
me various nonsense I never said. I replied to Tim off-list saying that
I never said anything resembling the stuff he ascribed to me, and that
if he has a problem with something he thinks I said in another forum, he
should address it in that forum, not cp. He never replied to me, but
kept on flaming me. I never responded to Tim's flames until I became
aware in September that he's been contacting various people not on the
c-punks list to complain about what I supposedly post to this list -
again, attributing to me nonsense I never said, not on this list, nor
elsewhere.

Your false "recollection" is based on a couple of lies Tim May posted to
this list: one claiming that he posted one "satire" and one claiming
that he disagreed with me over von Mises. To see that Tim lied (and that
you repeated his lies) just search the list archives and count the
number of times he viciously attacked me on this mailing list before I
responded.

> Sandy has made you a generous offer to come out to the west coast,
> expenses paid, and enlighten everyone with your knowledge of crypto.
> You seem to find all manner of excuses to avoid the trip, and are using
> his offer as a further opportunity to insult the list.

So far, I'm not convinced that this trip would be productive. I'll be
happy to discuss my work and cryptogrpahy in general and social
implication thereof with anyone. However it seems that Sandy et al
aren't capable of discussing any subject without flaming and gratuitous
insults.

> > This is a lie. Anyone who's been subscribed to this mailing list for
> > a while knows that Timmy May posts to most personal attacks (inlcuiding
> > attacks on his many enemies' religion and ethnicity), lies, fabricated
> > quotes, flame bait, and overall noise.
>
> Look in the mirror - attacks on religion, ethnicity, flame bait, NOISE ...

Fitting description of Tim May. Tim and his "supporters" have posted
dozens of flames to this mailing list about Russians, Cossacks (what do
I have to do with Cossacks???), Jews, etc, in a (failed) effort to
offend me. Search the archives for "Russian" and you'll see slurs like
"Don't tell our Russian what a petard is" or "Rude even by Russian
standards" not to mention a dozen claims that I can't speak English.

Tim May reminds me of one very stupid woman on Usenet who decided for
some reason that I must be Lithuanian and posted several diatribes on
how my supposed inbred Lithuanian heritage is somehow connected to my
genetic deficiencies. Tim May, flaming the Cossacks in an effort to
offend me, is as stupid and ignorant as most Americans.

On the other hand, Ray Arachelian is a typical product of the hate-
filled Armenian culture. Folks fortunate enough not to know many
Armenians don't realize that their self-identification is built upon the
hatred for Moslems, hatred for Jews, for their Georgian neighbors, and
generally everyone. Ray spouting off about "amoeba shit" sounds like a
typical hate-crazed Armenian, despite being in California.

Tim May posts more flame bait to this mailing list than anyone, mostly
in the form of personal attacks, or attacks on entire groups (like
mormons). Tim May attacked the mormons and started a flame war which I
help quench by asking people not to contribute anymore to that thread -
you lie when you accuse _me of what Tim May did.

> I, diseased nocturnal marsupial, pledge to post no more crap to this list

I'm not bothered by the crap posted in response to what I post. For
example, I used to post "crypto-relevant wire clippings" to this list.
(I pretty much quit because no one seems to be interested in crypto here
anymore.) Certain friends of Tim tried to "defend" him by mailing back
to me multiple copies of the "wire clippings" with obscenities appended.
So, I finally took the time to figure out a way to filter them out.
These don't bother me.

If I see more unprovoked attacks on me on this mailing list from Tim May
or any of his "friends", I will respond and will point out that Tim May
is a liar. So far I have not started any flame wars on this list and all
of my responses were inferior in volume and viotriol to the originals.

If you want Tim May to continue attacking me on this list without being
hampered by my responses, you'll have to block me by technical means.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM