[noise][no-cripto-here] Re: Blue Box Plans & hacker bbs's

Rabid Wombat wombat at mcfeely.bsfs.org
Tue Oct 22 15:05:01 PDT 1996

> >Bell payphone (CoCoTs and USWest phones do not work) and dial
> >"1+area+npa+number", like a normal call. Then play the tones. For a
> >local
> >call, dial "10288+area+npa+number", which makes AT&T think it's along
> >distance call.
> >
> >					pneyz (pneyz at armory.com)

'scuze the diseased marsupial for askin' but isn't the npa the "area code"?

NXX-NXX-XXXX, where the first three are the NPA (Numbering Plan Area, or
"area code") or Service Access Code (800,500), the next three are the
central office code, and the last four are the line code?

See the E.164 standard, NANP sub-section.

While you're at it, look around for some statutes on toll fraud.

God, I love Juno.  ;)

We now return you to your regular non-crypto stupidity ...

-r.w.