Blue Box Plans & hacker bbs's

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 20 19:14:24 PDT 1996

At 08:09 PM 10/20/96 EDT, you wrote:
>I know this is my second question in a short period of time...but anyone
>got or know where to get any good blue box plans??  I cant find shit on
>the web, and I need some good hacker telnet bbs's.  Someone please give
>me either.

goto alt.2600.  Around here we generally can afford
to pay our phone bills :-)

Also, the network's signalling has changed, and the basic
Captain Crunch Whistle doesn't work many places any more -
most of the signalling is digital out-of-band rather than
inband audio.  Phreaking isn't impossible (or there wouldn't be
as many people chasing the Dread Pirate Mitnick), but at this point
you actually need to know what you're doing to succeed at it,
and merely having plans for a device you don't know well enough to
emulate in code on your PC isn't going to buy you much.

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts at ix.netcom.com
# You can get PGP outside the US at ftp.ox.ac.uk
  Imagine if three million people voted for somebody they _knew_,
  and the politicians had to count them all.