Paper on Network Security

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sun Oct 20 18:54:55 PDT 1996

   We posted news* a few days ago of a white paper by the
   OURS organization on network security. We have put it at:

      http://jya.com/recsec.htm  (63 kb)

   OURS is an our-gang of gorilla industries such as
   Bellcore, Chase, LDS(!), Compaq, DEC, EDS, EXXON,
   IBM, Intel, MIT, Microsoft, Motorola, Novell, Oracle,
   Princeton, Security Dynamics (!), Societe Generale, Texaco
   and Ziff-Davis. Mother of all GAK-enfeebled alliances.

   The report was prepared by an Information Protection Task
   Force of OURS members assisted by Amex, ICL, Mergent and
   TIS.

   It's a fair overview of what mega-corporations fear of
   network vipers and what they pray will exorcize the
   Edenic mayhemics.

   Sorry, it's a bit too long for E-mail.

   * That original news report is at: http://jya.com/oursay.txt