Car Rental: Refusal to take Check Cards

Mark Allyn 206-860-9454 allyn at allyn.com
Sun Oct 20 09:17:43 PDT 1996

I don't know about car, but I had been able to rent bicycles and roller
blades (2 other viable forms of transportations) with no difficulty
at all using cash. They did not even ask for a credit card at all.

Only once did they ask for a credit card, but they did not run anything
through or make any calls when I checked the bike out; when I returned
it, they gave me the original credit card slip (plus all copies) when
I gave them cash to settle.

If I wanted to, I could have run the credit card account dry and then
rode off to nowhere. The bike was probably worth 1000 to 1500 dollars.

Mark Allyn
allyn at allyn.com