is there no end to Murder Politics & Creative Wiretap Arguments? [RANT]

Dale Thorn dthorn at gte.net
Sat Oct 19 22:08:30 PDT 1996

hallam at ai.mit.edu wrote:
> >Actually, no.  AP "stacks the deck" dramatically against those few who
> >engage in war crimes.  People from all sides of a dispute who object to them
> >can donate, and anybody considering participating in war crimes has to keep
> >this absolutely secret.

> You hve absolutely no idea of what is happening in Bosnia. There is
> widespread support in each of the communities for genocide policies.

This is exactly why the hell *we* shouldn't be in Bosnia.

> You do not demonstrate any reason why people would be more interested
> in murdering politicians than other people.

Very simple explanation. You go to that much trouble (murder) when you *really* need to
get some SOB or parasite off of your back.  I'm still not sure BTW how to relate to the
betting pools, etc., as a (relatively) healthy market-driven instrument.

> You assume that contract murderers do not have political or social
> agendas of their own. A member of the KKK is much more likely to
> become a contract killer than a liberal.

If you're talking about the "new" KKK (a la David Duke), forget it.  Duke was and is a
CIA agent, from his missions in SE Asia for his father circa late 1960's. It's amazing
how much of this media hooey sticks in people's brains.  Did you know that the largest
contingents of KKK members of all time, by far (50,000 per city), were in Akron and
Columbus, Ohio?  And where the KKK originated, in SE Tennessee (about a mile from where
I worked for four years), is also where one of the greatest events for freedom ever took
place - an armed uprising of the citizenry with its sole purpose to get an honest vote
count for local sheriff, which they did. It'd be nice to get a public vote count today.

As far as contract killers with an agenda of their own, Joey the Hit Man (a real person,
and very scary) says that professional killers very rarely kill for personal reasons
outside of getting paid.  Just don't do something stupid like John Gotti's next-door
neighbor did, and backing out of your driveway, accidentally back over Gotti's daughter
and kill her.

> >How long do you think that such groups would last with AP functional?

> Murder Politics (lets give your psychopathic scheme an acurate name)
> will never be functional. If anonymous cash implied muder politics then
> society would be right to reject anonymous cash. It is easily done
> since money only has value so long as it is convertable.

This in some ways is the most crucial question in these rants.  Are you saying that
society can really reject digital cash?  That it will go away completely when this
society says it should?  I guess I'm to assume here that the "secret" agencies will
maintain use of such cash for their purposes, while *preventing* the rest of us from
using it somehow.

> Not only are rights dependent on a social infrastructure that
> guarantees that they will be respected but currency is as well.
> Without the social and political infrastructure of the US
> government a dollar bill has only the value of the paper its
> printed on. An electronic balance has zero value.

Can I assume that since the Internet is global, that e-cash will be too?

> If you want to live in a society where the political system has been
> "reformed" through murder of inconvenient politicians then go and
> live in Columbia. Its the nearest thing you will find on the planet
> to libertopia.

A lot of people make disparaging remarks about "third world" countries, where you have
to bribe everyone to get anywhere. But can these ranters really claim that the U.S. is
any different when it comes down to serious issues?  Try attending some city council
meetings, with the intention to "make a difference", and you'll see what I mean.