Crypto: Systems & Application Developers Wanted

Bob Denny rdenny at [38.248.4.2]
Sat Oct 19 10:32:47 PDT 1996

Mark and friends -

I just returned from the Internet Expo in Boston, at which the NSA had a booth
where they were pushing the FORTEZZA card. Some interesting things (at least
to me):

* Netscape has a working prototype of their browser and server that uses
  FORTEZZA for encryption

* There are three (or 4??) companies building FORTEZZA cards, including
  National Semi (the only one I recognized).

* The NSA guy I talked to said that they planned to market a "token card"
  that uses RSA/DES, instead of Skipjack and friends, "sometime next year".

  -- Bob