extortion via digital cash

Steve Schear azur at netcom.com
Wed Oct 16 11:54:39 PDT 1996

>In article <v02130503ae891eae8ee1@[10.0.2.15]>,
>Steve Schear <azur at netcom.com> wrote:
>>In this scenario the only
>>reasonable way left to track the money is via linkage (the size and timing
>>of deposits and withdrawls in the kidnapper's account).
>
>Who says the kidnapper has to have an account?

If the kidnapper doesn't have an account then they must launder it through
an accomplice (willing or not) in order to convert the money to any other
form.  Of course, if ecash becomes ubiquitous (which I think most on the
list truly desire, for any number of reasons) then, you're right, there's
no need to take value out of the ecash system exceppt for any purchasing
the goods and services one would in any case.

-- Steve