Service pays users (sort of) to read commercial e-mail

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 15 13:37:38 PDT 1996

At 02:50 PM 10/14/96 -0700, Greg Broiles <gbroiles at netbox.com> wrote:
>>From time to time we've discussed the economics of paying per-message costs
>for E-mail, and/or systems where advertisers pay users to read their
>messages. Someone seems to have set up a system like that. It's at
><http://www.aristotle.org>. They seem to be using voter registration as an
>is-a-real-person credential. (Their idea seems to be that they'll charge

Aristotle.org is run by John Aristotle Phillips.  If you remember
back in the 70s when a student at Princeton designed an atomic bomb
as his junior physics project, that was him (he wasn't brilliant;
he just needed a really good paper to bring up his low physics grades.)
He's since gone into political consulting.

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts at ix.netcom.com
# You can get PGP outside the US at ftp.ox.ac.uk
  Imagine if three million people voted for somebody they _knew_,
  and the politicians had to count them all.