extortion via digital cash

scottb at aca.ca scottb at aca.ca
Tue Oct 15 08:41:27 PDT 1996

Hi, I have been reading numerous threads on digital cash, and I have some
questions I would like discussed.

currently when someone does extortion (kiddnapping too), they have two
choices;

1-pick up the cash personally (or via a stooge)
2-transfer the funds via bank

Both ideas are bad, in that you stand a good chance at getting caught.

I was wondering, what if you demanded payment via Ecash, through nym
servers, aliases, etc.  From what I understand, it is just like cash, ie: no
record of transaction, but you get the added bonus of not having to meet the
other party-like a fund transfer.  Once you have your 1,000,000 Ecash, you
could dump it on a disk, and close your internet account (unless you really
really trust your privacy technology).  And I also think that you would have
the option to cash this into real funds at either the Mark Twain bank, or
likely somewhere in the Caymen Islands (maybe through those online gambling
houses).

I am hoping that this will spark some discussion, and maybe slow down the
dlv, TM spam war.

Also, I was only wondering about this for mere discussion reasons :)

/sb