Camelot PRNG

inssdl inssdl at dstn21.dct.ac.uk
Tue Oct 15 06:51:59 PDT 1996

In the UK, the National Lottery is run by a company called Camelot (in
case anyone didn't know)

A while back, they introduced a new option, in that if you checked a
certain box on your ticket, 6 numbers would be 'chosen' for you,
presumably 'randomly'

Does anyone have any info on how this system works?

i.e. The PRNG used? Whether the PRNG is in the shop terminal or at the
central computer @ Camelot? et cetera.

(I am looking at the problems of PRSG for my Masters dissertation - hence
the interest)

Please reply either to the cypherpunks list or to my e-mail address if
you think this doesn't have any crypto-relevance.

Thanks in advance...

David Lucas PGDip Software Engineering @@ BEng(Hons) Civil Engineering
Postgraduate Software Engineer, University of Abertay Dundee, SCOTLAND
@ E-mail: inssdl at dstn21.dct.ac.uk @ 2+2 = 5  for large values of two @
If you're not living on the edge, then you're taking up too much space
Organisations can't have opinions, only people can and these are mine.
Dave's Doorstep is back!!! - http://river.tay.ac.uk/~inssdl/index.html