COMMUNITY CONNEXION SUED IN FRIVOLOUS LAWSUIT

Steven L Baur steve at miranova.com
Mon Oct 14 18:00:25 PDT 1996

Dan> This smells of extortion if I'm not mistaken. Sign this or I'll
Dan> sue.

The SPA's Code of Conduct speaks for itself.  See:

	http://www.spa.org/piracy/CODE.htm

Some fair use excerpts:

   The Code of Conduct does not exempt or limit service
   providers from liability, but rather provides moral commitment to
   practices encouraged by current law.

                            ISP Code of Conduct
    3. Implement self-monitoring procedures to deter infringement of
       copyright from occurring on the system, including but not limited
       to (a) the unauthorized reproduction and/or distribution of
       copyrighted computer programs, (b) the posting of serial numbers,
       cracker utilities or any other information that can be used to
       circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices in computer
       programs (hereinafter "cracker information"), and/or (c) the
       linking of sites containing pirated computer programs and/or
       cracker information;
    8. Do not sponsor, endorse, or advertise access to infringing
       software.

--
steve at miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message.