"European Union Bank"

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Wed Oct 9 19:22:37 PDT 1996

At 07:06 PM 10/8/96 +0300, Jüri Kaljundi wrote:
>According to one offshore magazine European Union Bank is a very bad
>choice for Internet banking. What they did was they assigned they named
>Lord Mancroft who sits in the UK's House of Lords as chairman of the bank.
>Only thing Lord Mancroft himself did not know a thing about it, although
>the bank marketing materials had a letter of welcome supposedly from that
>prominent person. So he is thinking of taking legal action against the
>bank.

I have at hand a brochure from "Shorex 96 - The Premier Offshore
Exhibition" to be held November 20-22 in London.  Day One features a
section on "Offshore and the Internet"  including a panel "Will the
Internet Increase the Market Share of the Offshore Industry?"  Featuring
"Lord Mancroft, Chairman, European Union Bank, Antigua."

I wonder if he'll be there.  If we are both there, I'll ask him.

DCF

"If control measures are so effective, why does everything seem to be more
and more out of control?"