Have you had your privacy invaded? Be on Oprah!!!

Declan McCullagh declan at eff.org
Tue Oct 8 23:18:08 PDT 1996

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 15:02:14 -0500
From: marsha-w at uiuc.edu (Marsha Woodbury)
Subject: Have you had your privacy invaded?

Hi--
I am looking for someone who lost a feeling of privacy--
I need a "victim" to tell a story about how he or she had
her privacy invaded and how he/she felt about it.

The Oprah Show is looking for a real-life example of
someone whose name got on a strange list, or whose unlisted
phone number was given out, or whose medical records were
made known to insurance companies--anything like that.

The show is next Wed. and they will pay to get you
there if you have a good story to tell (and it had better
be a true story!!)

Call Dana Newton of the Show if you have story to tell...

312-633-0808

Thanks!

Marsha Woodbury, Ph.D.        Director of Information Technology
Graduate School of Library and Information Science   UIUC
Chair, CPSR           http://alexia.lis.uiuc.edu/~woodbury/
Work: 217- 244-4643      FAX: 217- 244-3302     marsha-w at uiuc.edu

CPSR's Annual Meeting and Conference, "Communications Unleashed"
will be held Oct 19-20 at Georgetown University in
Washington DC. For information or to register, see http://www.cpsr.org
or e-mail cpsrannmtg at cpsr.org