crypto cd once more

JR at ROCK.CNB.UAM.ES JR at ROCK.CNB.UAM.ES
Tue Oct 8 10:45:45 PDT 1996

>1) is there a system that can handle unix, windows and mac filenames

	Yes. Use Rock Ridge extensions. That will allow for long UNIX
names. If you couple it with ISO9660 youget both worlds.

	Caveats: Macs don't accept RR. Hell!

	Solution: Use level 2 (32+32) names.

	Problem: that's OK for VMS and perhaps Macs, but not for PC's.

	Solution: Use level 1 (8+3) ISO.

	That's easily done with the tools for Liux/Unix. I used them when
I created my personal Crypto-CD a year ago. You tell the program to use
Rock Ridge and convert all names to 8+3. That gives you a double directory
hierarchy, one that's compatible with everything (8+3) plus one that
allows long names (RR).

	If only Macs supported RR...

ObCrypto:

	Have you considered the possibility of filling the unused portion of
the disk with random noise from a good source? Some people could find it useful
even if it is only for trial/test purposes.

	And, is there any possibility of making an international version of
it?

				jr