EUB - Pay attention next time guys.

Black Unicorn unicorn at schloss.li
Mon Oct 7 23:42:38 PDT 1996

On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, James A. Donald wrote:

> At 05:09 PM 10/7/96 -0400, Black Unicorn wrote:
> > EUB is probably in more trouble than they realize because they chose an
> > interesting solution to their bandwidth problem.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Prediction: EUB will change its structure dramatically in the next 6
> > months if it still exists at all in that time.
>
> Prediction:  Nothing much will happen to European Union bank.

Disagree strongly.  The islands are very conscious of their image
particularly when it comes to organized crime and drugs.  EUB not exist in
its present form or anything like it.  The U.S. still has strings to pull
in that area.  Avoid the islands for these reasons.

> Possibily their US web site will be closed down, in which case
> twenty guys will echo it, and they will have to pay more for bandwidth.

The U.S. is getting to clever at this to just shoot at the front end.
Gorelick and friends will see to that.

> > Lesson learned: Never
> > involve the United States directly.
>
> Lesson learned.  The United States is just a speed bump on the information
> highway.

A rather large speedbump.

> The critical error is not involving the United States directly, the
> critical error is leaving assets or information in a place and form
> where US thugs with guns can get at it.

The United States is full of thugs with guns, but they do tend to have
problems getting involved where there is not even the vaguest hint or
jurisdiction.  EUB solved that problem for the US quite effectively.

> I see no reason to believe the EUB has made this error.

I disagree, but time will tell.

--
I hate lightning - finger for public key - Vote Monarchist
unicorn at schloss.li