Put up or shut up!

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Sun Oct 6 22:02:38 PDT 1996

Given that Steve Schear has had civil discourse with me, including a
"nicely put" I just read minutes ago, I am not sure he has thought out his
position.

At 6:45 PM -0700 10/6/96, Steve Schear wrote:

>My advice to these amateur anarchists is, if they really believe in their
>quest,  become professionals and develop and use whatever means (civial
>disobedience, crypto, CBW, AP, etc.) they think they require to shock the
>system into confronting your demands and see how it plays out.  Otherwise
>shut up!

My forum is this list, and a few related places. It's a forum comparable,
modulo the times, to the forums other thinkers have had.

I worked very hard a number of years, not participating in politics or
activism, to accumulate enough money so as to now be able to live in peace,
not having to get up at 6 in the morning and fight the commuter traffic so
as to get to my assigned desk by 8 a.m.

I will express my thoughts, my theories, and will develop systems and ideas
as I see fit. However, I have no intention of putting my future at risk by
taking steps such as "civil disobedience" or "assassination politics" which
could very likely result in multimillion dollar fines (hint: such fines
would have great meaning for me) or seizure of my assets and jail time.

Your mileage may vary, but this "amateur anarchist" intends to keep on
doing what he's doing and is not interested in "crossing the line" to the
point where his assets will be seized.

--Tim May

"The government announcement is disastrous," said Jim Bidzos,.."We warned IBM
that the National Security Agency would try to twist their technology."
[NYT, 1996-10-02]
Higher Power: 2^1,257,787-1 | black markets, collapse of governments.