[SARCASM] Re: The Right to Keep and Bear Crypto

attila attila at primenet.com
Sat Oct 5 06:36:36 PDT 1996

In <v02130500ae79cef28e84@[10.0.2.15]>, on 10/03/96
   at 09:02 PM, azur at netcom.com (Steve Schear) said:

.It is ludacrous to expect citizens armed with no more than side arms,
.bolt-actions and shot guns to resist the actions of a modern military or law
.enforcement which citizens may find in violation of their inaliable natural
.rights (whether mistaken or not).

        aah, but it certainly suits the government who was mandated to
    be *our* servants, does it not?  after all, how can they usurp the
    power to rule us if they are denied the 1,000,000 times overkill
    they have deemed necessary to "govern," rather than serve, us.

        2000 years ago, the wag Marcellus said: "...the lowest element
    of our [Roman] society is the police...."

        we talk about the 'thin blue line' between us and the criminal
    element --it is thin because far too many of our supposed pro-
    tectors are on the 'wrong' side of the thin blue line; basically,
    they have been granted, by an illegal government, a legal right
    to break our heads with their night stick...  at their discretion.

.In my opinion, all citizens should be be
.able to keep and bear any arms (without registration) which the state might
.use against them.   To do so now is a criminal action.  So be it.
.
        essentially, assault weapons are illegal; in california (where
    else), the possesion of a weapon with a flash suppressor is illegal;
    as is possesion of the older 10 shot clips for the .223 class
    weapons (not to mention the 20 and 30 shot clips or the double
    sided bananas at 40!).

        the government is just being realistic  --why should they grant
    us a right which we might use to protect our constitutional rights
    and topple their corrupted government?

        crap!       --or, maybe galloping prairie muffins!

        I'm not sure I want my neighbors to park a loaded panzer in
    their front yard...   or indulge in clipping every midnight
    (exhausting a clip in wanton fire)...  or store 5+ gallons of liquid
    nitroglycerin (which should be interesting in our 120 degree
    summer heat)...

        my neighbors and I might be justified in gently placing one big
    mutha of a blast mat over the neighbors property --even if that
    might be prior restraint, but to go so far as to say let's kill him
    before anything happens is certainly preempting his rights.

        unfortunately, those are the same arguments our imperious
    government uses to justify limiting or prohibiting our personal
    armaments, no matter how small.  even BB guns are facing regulation
    now....

        ...and to think I received my very own .22 rifle and 4-10X
    scope for my sixth birthday!  the life expectancy of the local
    'herd' of jack rabbits took a sudden nose-dive!  by 10 I had a
    semi-automatic and the ratio fell again --multiple kills before
    the field was clear!  the arrival of the .223s years later made it
    exciting --the explosive level suddenly became satisfying!

        am I begging to sound like one of our famous online
    personalities yet? <g>

.Unfortunately, it is common for groups especially governmental to be
.come statist, mean spirited and eventually malevolent.
.
        power is intoxicating
          power corrupts
            absolute power corrupts absolutely

    or, in other words, 'what else is new?'

.I hope jim bell or his ilk are soon successful at putting up functional,
.anonymous and active AP sites.  I can't wait to wager!

        have you been smoking something special these days?

        and why only wager?  --are you not planning to participate?
    after the first shower of a bloody head shot, the rest are easy.

        as tanatlizing the argument for AP may be, it is a childish
    and petty display, a temper tantrum: the cowardly exercise
    of revenge.

        very little, in anything, warrants revenge; there are needs to
    redress legitimate wrongs, and therefore ways.  what has
    fundamentally gone wrong in our society is there is little justice,
    particularly v/v our corrupt elected officials and their
    paymasters; and execution takes over 10 years by the time
    every bleeding heart tries an appeal for the occasionally condemned.

        Big Ed Davis, who preceded Daryll Gates as LA police chief,
    had a perfect solution for airline hijackers:

         Big Ed Davis actually parked a long semi-trailer in front of
    the American terminal at LAX for the purpose:  at the front was
    the judge's dias, a jury box along one side, lawyers opposite,
    and a gallows at the far end.

        there would be an immediate trial by selecting a jury of 12 of
    his peers, chosen as they cleared the arriving flight doors,  and
    even places for the 3 judge appeal required by CA capital punish-
    ment laws.

        very efficient --and it would not cost the state $10-15 MILLION
    to execute just one criminal.  --the execution would be public,
    obviously, immediately after the appeal!  I mean, you could do the
    whole deed and serve justice on your lunch hour!

        you should have heard the liberals scream about what was
    nothing less than poetic justice!  even a jury of his peers, real
    peers!

        Big Ed left it parked in front of American until the ACLU filed
    and successfully obtained a permanent injunction against him.

        Big Ed was a bit colorful <g>; interesting; and definitely not
    unintelligent --he was my CA state Senator for years after retiring
    from the force.

        Anybody wanna guess his party affiliation? --at one time he
    was on the ballot as both a republican and a libertarian.

        you should hear Big Ed on privacy issues --he makes all of you
    sound like lost jacklegs and pikers.

        CAVEAT:  under no conditions could I ever condone Jim Bell's
    Assassination Politics --it may be anarchistic in and of itself, but
    it is a thinly disguised criminal amentality, not only from the
    extant of trying to 'moralize' murder, but a form of power politics
    (and shadow government) which actually exceeds the abuses of our
    supposedly democratic republic run amuk with abusive police powers.

    Not only is revenge politics immoral, but AP is a corruption of
    society by lawless and arbitrary behavior of a few players who can
    afford the price of entry (to the betting pools).

  "I don't make jokes.
    I just watch the government and report the facts."
        --Will Rogers