support for "crack DES"

Omegaman omega at bigeasy.com
Thu Oct 3 15:40:40 PDT 1996

>         NetScape might not hawg the glory, but Bully Billy will trumpet
>     to the world that HE devised the means, HE directed the breakers,
>     and MicroSlop is the "benevolent" [read greedy, vicious, corrupt,
>     threatening predator] organization which "pulled freedom loving
>     Americans clear from the *very* mouth the the beast."

Considering the situation -- considering that RSA has even signed on
to this scheme -- I'd have to say that I don't give a rat's ass what
Bill Gates claims.  If Micro$oft bucks the system, I'll gladly
applaud their stand.

The situation is not good at all.

Cracking DES (whether distributed or through a hardware crack, or
both!) seems critical at this point.

me

 Omegaman <mailto:omega at bigeasy.com>
 PGP Key fingerprint =  6D 31 C3 00 77 8C D1 C2
                        59 0A 01 E3 AF 81 94 63
Send a message with the text "get key" in the
"Subject:" field to get a copy of my public key.