NYT on IBM GAK

Adam Shostack adam at homeport.org
Thu Oct 3 07:39:51 PDT 1996

Rich Burroughs wrote:

| The word "boycott" leaped into my mind.  I personally do not believe that I
| will be buying products from any of these companies, as long as thay
| participate in this GAK charade.

	Folks,

	Lets be reasonable.  Its time to jump on board the GAK
bandwagon.  After all, where better to disrupt the music?  We need to
start writing GAK software, and it better be up to the high standards
that the NSA sets for itself.

	Once we've written it, and its being distributed, we can say
'See, another broken bit of GAK software.  Not even the NSA could get
it right.  Our data is too important to be using broken software to
protect us.'

	And we have 56 bit exportability in hand.

Adam

--
"Every year the Republicans campaign like Libertarians, and then go to
Wasthington and spend like Democrats."

Vote Harry Browne for President.  http://www.harrybrowne96.org