IPG Algorith Broken!

wichita at cyberstation.net wichita at cyberstation.net
Sat Nov 30 00:15:07 PST 1996

On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Bill Frantz wrote:

> >>I should have said "it's currently impossible to
> >>prove an algorithim unbreakable". :-)
> >
> >Or, more accurately, nobody credible has seen such a proof.  But, a
> >clever person might invent one.
>
> I thought Shannon proved one-time-pads to be unbreakable using information
> theory.

Shannon did, but Paul Bradley and friends(sic) proved that he/they could
brute force OTPs, its on the record, so I guess Shannon was wrong, Nes
pas?  Someone as certain of his facts as PB cannot possibly be wrong, or
did he say he was asleep - I guess so, he is obviously always asleep.

I also can prove that our algorithm cannot be broken. All you
have to do is to examine the algorithm and you will understand why it is
unbreakable. That is a lot of chutzpah, but once you understand the
algorithm and how simple it is to prove its unbreakability, then you will
understand that our claim is absolutely correct.

Unfortunately, many of you would rather beat your fingers on the
keyboard about the abstract than find out the truth for yourself. It
is really very simple. Again, I repeat, if you would like a free copy,
please send a e-mail request to:

                     ipsales at cyberstation.net

As for the algorithm, it is at:

                     netprivacy.com