Seditious Cable!

Anonymous nobody at replay.com
Fri Nov 29 11:23:38 PST 1996

 dlv at bwalk.dm.com wrote to All:

 d> Doug Barnes <cman at c2.net> writes:
 >> (Taiwan story warning...) This reminds me of the pirate cable
 >> TV wars, which hit their peak during my stay there --

[...]

 d> Now, what would the U.S. government (state or los federales) do in a
 d> similar situation? They'd probably fine any resident found with a
 d> cable TV thousands of dollars and if that didn't work, they'd start
 d> jailing people. Maybe even burn a few TV viewers, a la Waco. :-)

And these are the folks you want to maintain your key escrow?