IQ and age

John Kozubik kozubik at shoelace.FirstLink.com
Wed Nov 27 22:34:05 PST 1996

> > Contrary to popular belief there is no sound evidence for believing many
> > of the claims made for IQ tests. IQ measures ones ability to do IQ
> > tests and little else.

agreed. well put.

> > They were originally invented as a means of measuring the response of
> > mentally defective patients so that their progress under different
> > treatment regimes could be compared.

I will, however, have to point out, that the IG test was not originally
developed to measure the response of mentally defective patients to anything.

The first IQ test was developed to gauge the academic progress of school
children.  That is why the scores are calculated according to age.

Yes, they were at a later date used for what you mentioned, and many
other things at that.

I agree with everything else you said.