Your login/password for SafePassage beta

Mark O. Aldrich maldrich at grci.com
Wed Nov 27 11:39:25 PST 1996

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, SafePassage Downloader wrote:

> You can now download SafePassage. You'll need the following login/password:
>
> Login: cypherpunks at toad.com
> Password: 2xLBsxut
>
> Go to http://stronghold.ukweb.com/safepassage/ and select "Download" --
> you'll be prompted for your login/password, after which you'll be able to
> download the software.   Make sure you keep your login/password
> private.   Revealing your login/password to anyone is a violation of the
> license agreement.

Is this to say that you wrote your license agreement with the foolish
premise that an e-mail address belongs to just one person?  Maybe you need
to really understand how the Internet works before you write a license
agreement based on incorrect assumptions and your personal preferences for
how things ought to be.

|It's a small world and it smells bad     |        Mark Aldrich         |
|I'd buy another if I had                 |   GRCI INFOSEC Engineering  |
|Back                                     |     maldrich at grci.com       |
|What I paid                              | MAldrich at dockmaster.ncsc.mil|
|For another mother****er in a motorcade  |Quote from "Sisters of Mercy"|
|The author is PGP Empowered.  Public key at:  finger maldrich at grci.com |
|    The opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the author     |
|         and my employer gets no credit for them whatsoever.           |