Counterproductive Dorothy Denning Flames

Mike Duvos mpd at netcom.com
Wed Nov 27 10:10:24 PST 1996

William H. Geiger III writes:

 > Dorthy Denning is a boot-licking fasicist!!!

 > William Reinsch is a lying bastard. Fucking politions!!
 > Fucking goverment!! They all deserve a long rope!!

It is perhaps a point in Dr. Denning's favor that her most
vitriolic detractors can spell neither "Dorothy" nor "fascist".

I must admit that I am at a loss to understand the heat which
Dorothy Denning generates on the Cypherpunks list, which seems to
be second only to the heat generated by posting recipes for roast
feline in rec.pets.cats.

All of the people I know who have met her find her to be a
pleasant person, and the occasional Email messages we have
exchanged have certainly been positive and friendly.  While she
tends to view the Four Horsemen of the Infocolypse as a bit more
threatening than the typical Cypherpunk, I don't think her views
are so extreme as to justify the continuous screams of "crypto
toady", "government suckup", and "wicked witch" which seem to pop
up in response to her every utterance.

I would even go so far as to say that this list would be a lot
more entertaining if she were contributing to it, and sci.crypt
is certainly a less interesting place now than it was in bygone
days when she was posting there.

Perhaps Tim can add his own thoughts to this thread.

     mpd at netcom.com     $    via Finger.                      $