Tell me this,referring to Symantec's claim.

cracker at icon.co.za cracker at icon.co.za
Tue Nov 26 01:35:49 PST 1996

Okay granted,i am virtually sure Deeyenda does not exhist,but i asked a simple question.
Altavista is a cute idea though ;)
Who posted this shit then,someone care to get back to him????
>The internet community has again been plagued by another virus.This message is being spread
>throughout the internet,including USENET posting,EMAIL and other inherent activities...The
>reason for all the attention is because of the nature of this virus and the potential security risks
>it makes.Instead of a destructive trojan virus (most viruses!),this virus,referred to as Deeyenda
>Maddick,performs a comprehensive search on your computer,looking for valuable information
>such as email and login,passwords,credit cards,personal info,etc. The Deeyenda virus also has
>the capability to stay memory resident whil running a host of applications and operating systems,
>such as Windows 3.11 and Windows 95.What this means to internet users is that when a login and
>PASSWORD are sent to the server,this virus can COPY this information and SEND IT OUT TO AN
>UNKNOWN ADDRESS (varies).
>The reson for this warning is because the Deeyenda virus is virtually undetectable.Once attacked
>your computer will be unsecure.Although it can attack any O/S,this virus is most likely to attack >those users viewing Java enhanced Web Pages (Netscape 2.0 + Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 +
>which are running on Windows 95) . Researchers at Princeton University have found this on a >number of world wide web pages and fear its spread.
> Please pass this on,for we must alert the general public at the security risks
>Steven K. Johnson
>Computer Center
>Carnegie Mellon University
>(412) 455-3756
>e-mail : SJohnson14 at cmu.edu

Sounds like a pretty amazing virus to me??? More a crock of shit than anything else,but...
Hey maybe it'll run for president as well....
Sorry to inconvenience anybody,ridicule should have a purpose ;)

J a m e s
"Lead.Follow. Or get out of the way"
Type Bits/KeyID    Date       User ID
pub  1024/9E318AA5 1996/09/24 Cracker <cracker at icon.co.za>