Why I Don't Read SF Much Anymore

Robert Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Wed Nov 20 20:53:10 PST 1996

At 9:09 pm -0500 11/20/96, Hal Finney wrote:
>What fiction can people recommend which presents crypto/privacy issues
>realistically?  How about this new book that Neal Stephenson is working
>on, does anyone know what it's about?  His short story, "Hack the Spew",
>a few months ago (in Wired, I think?) had a strong crypto flavor.

His, "Great Samolean Caper" for Time/Pathfinder was pure cryptoanarchy...

I don't know if it's still around though.

Cheers,
Bob

Robert Hettinga (rah at shipwright.com)
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"The cost of anything is the foregone alternative" -- Walter Johnson
The e$ Home Page: http://www.vmeng.com/rah/