Taking out the garbage

Dana W. Albrecht dwa at corsair.com
Tue Nov 19 09:32:57 PST 1996

I'd like to point out that accepting posts from those who are not
technically subscribed to the list is not always a bad idea.  In particular,
many of us read the list through means other than a direct subscription,
be it either a mail-to-news gateway, web server, filtered list, or other
such mechanism.

As a case in point, while I do read the list, my actual email address is not
subscribed to it. :)

While I usually don't contribute to the discussion, I hope that the few
posts I have made from time to time don't fall into the pollution category.
Furthermore, it's often the case that noted cryptographers who are not
subscribed to the list occasionally post valuable contributions to it (e.g.
Matt Blaze).

Non-subscription and pollution are not necessarily related.

Dana W. Albrecht
dwa at corsair.com