Fuck You Dumb Cunt

Stephen Boursy boursy at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 19 06:26:27 PST 1996

Dale Thorn wrote:

> Stephen Boursy wrote:
>>
>> Dave Hayes wrote:
>
>> > I believe in them, alright. It's just that they seem to be at odds
>> > with freedom of speech.
>> > They are at odds with a lot of other things as well, but that's
>> > a different fla...er...discussion.
>
>>   I believe the posession of property is a priv. to be taken
>> away if abused.  There is no such thing as a 'right' to
>> property--in fact the very notion seems absurd.
>
> You've just lumped all possessions into a single category.  There's a
> valid argument against private ownership of land when ownership of that
> land can be (and usually is) moved from the people at large to just a
> few people, then eventually to dictators, etc.

  Well--if you look at the ownership of wealth in the US including
but not limited to real estate you'll find much the same.  And that
ownership is not, to my mind, in the least legitimate.

> But are you suggesting that if I trade my labor for some material item
> which was built with other people's labor, and that material item is
> sufficiently portable that it doesn't have to occupy a significant
> piece of real estate (i.e., a house, a large boat), *they* should be
> able to take that material item away from me anyway on whatever pretext,
> on the basis that possession of it is a *privilege*?  Is my paycheck,
> given to me directly for my labor just a privilege?

  That's a fair question.  I don't begrude one's ownership of their
fair share--but I do have serious problems with what we shall
call 'accumulators' if you will.  For them I have contempt and no--
they do not have that right of possession and often such 'work' is
at the expense and on the backs of others.

                               Steve