REQUESTING INFORMATION :-)

Clay Olbon II clay.olbon at dynetics.com
Tue Nov 19 06:09:48 PST 1996

At 01:53 AM 11/19/96 -0200, George A. Stathis wrote (in part):

>I REQUEST INFORMATION on those people who compile "Unemployability
>Lists" in the USA, as well as ANY other information on this issue.

You can add me to your list.  I keep an "unemployability list" - although I
don't write it down or put it on a computer.

>We Greeks would like ALL the names of the people who act as "Informers"
>of companies denouncing those unfortunate Americans who are doomed
>to unemployment. We plan to give these names to all our friends, so
>as to warn them WHO to avoid during our summer holidays in Greek
>Islands.

Why don't you come back to reality.  I have hired and fired people.  Those
that I fired I would not hire again.  There are others I have worked with
that I would never hire (and would strongly recommend against anyone else
hiring).  That is life.  I have little sympathy for the "unfortunate" people
that I may hurt by not recommending their employment.  Generally it is
because they are lazy, stupid, or dishonest.  This is a judgement call on my
part, and others are free to take or discard my recommendations based on my
reputation.

Here is my recommendation for you.  Take my "unemployables" list.  Hire
everyone on it.  Try to run a business without going broke.

Hiring people based on reputation is a system that works.  I'm sorry if this
impinges on your sensibilities.  Reality has a tendency to do that though.

        Clay

Clay Olbon			    olbon at ix.netcom.com
engineer, programmer, statistitian, etc.