NO commo to "Faggot" cypherpunk list

aga aga at dhp.com
Mon Nov 18 10:20:11 PST 1996

On Sun, 17 Nov 1996 paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk wrote:

> Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 15:01:52 +0000
> From: paul at fatmans.demon.co.uk
> To: aga <aga at dhp.com>
> Cc: cypherpunks at toad.com
> Subject: Re: [REBUTTAL] Censorship on cypherpunks?, from The Netly N
>

> > If you do not send it to me by e-mail, I will never see it.
> > Why are you so paranoid that someone is reading your e-mail?
> > I never do anything criminal, so I could give a shit less if
> > everybody reads all of my fucking mail.
>
> I was trying hard not to get into this thread as it is basically just
> one long flamewar that is getting out of control but I have to
> comment here:
>
> There need be no reason for paranoia. I don`t call it paranoia, I
> call it constant vigilance, to demonize it is a statist position and
> tries to ostricise those who protect their privacy.
>
> Whether you do anything criminal or not is not the point. Indeed I
> would say that 90-95% of encryption usage is for perfectly legal
> purposes, and only about 0.1% of encrypted material is concerned with
> unethical acts rather than illegal acts. The point is you should
> retain the right to protect your privacy.
> Sure, it`s not illegal to  put forward anarchist arguments in mail today,
> but do you really want your company boss knowing about it?

get an anonymous account if you want to do that.

>  I personally don`t work - I`m a student so it doesn`t matter to me,
> but whether it is right that your employement and political views should
> affect each other they do, so you should be able to protect yourself
> with technology...

As I said dude; I no longer respond to any como with the cypherpunks
address in the header.  If you want an answer to your comments,
address your reply to the Freedom-knights list or to me, without
any *punks address in the header.

Any list run by an admitted Faggot is no place where I
will allow an audience.  This is not a reply to your comments.

-aga