NT insecurity

Kenneth L. Hamer k-hamer at ntx1.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 18 07:19:27 PST 1996

Really?  Could you provide a reference for this assertion?  What is the
name of the "password file"?  Where is it located on the disk?

I'd be very interested to try this out on one of my test systems,
especially if it is true.  But my experiences with corrupted registry
hives leads me to believe you are incorrect.  NT usually does nothing so
nice when it's registry is corrupted.  That's why we keep "emergency
repair disks" around 8-).
- Ken