Giving Kill Files a Workout...

cvhd at indyweb.net cvhd at indyweb.net
Sat Nov 16 14:50:42 PST 1996

At 01:52 AM 11/16/96 -0800, you wrote:

>What a week!  What is this?  "Net Loon pig-pile on Cypherpunks day?"

>So far i have killfiled three people in the past two days.  (That is the
>total number I filtered to trash before that date.)

>For those of you who are sick of wading through this mess, I am willing to
>show you what it will take to filter those of your choice to /dev/null or
>its local equivelent. (procmail can be your friend!)

>Maybe after some creative filtering, the list will settle back to the usual
>noise, instead of the net-loon noise.

As the smoke from the first rounds of cyber-gunfire of the Gilmore vs
Vulius shootout were wafting thru C-space several of us were bemoaning the
fact that the entire issue hadn't been handled thru creative filtering on
the part of list members as opposed to the heavy-handed "Big-Bro'ish" plug
pulling by Mr. Gilmore.  The "net-loon noise" level increase was
predictable.  Like you I will continue to perform creative filtering in
order to extract the 4 out of 240 messages worth reading in any given 48
hour period.

cvhd