Conspiring to commit voodoo

attila at primenet.com attila at primenet.com
Sat Nov 16 10:14:00 PST 1996

        OK, that's an interesting, but not that isolated an incident....

        in the early 60s, I was stopped in Providence late at night by
    an officer (driving a red '57 bird which says 'give me a ticket') .
    no big real other than the 4+ hours of hassle since the officer
    did not like my license and wanted "proof"  --at 4am. finally,
    they let me call ALA (auto. legal assoc.) and an attorney managed
    to spring me.

        at that time, the bill was about $150.  ALA paid the bill.

        but, at renewal, the ALA would not renew as a I had "multiple"
    arrests.   seems like the ALA's local contract attorney had
    "represented" me two more times in his area  --he was paid, I had
    the violations on record  --I just wasn't there for any of it!  Not
    bad for a little extra paperwork --for three phone calls he made
    almost $700!  not bad for 60-62.

        I guess the phantom struck again!

        OK, Jim, tell us WHY you don't respect unicorn for his story?
    At that time Patriarcha was the NE don --judging from the news
    reports during the years I was at Harvard, AP must have been a
    common practice --except it was probably a closed betting pool.
    time for the three little monkeys on that one....

            -attila

--
    Cyberspace and Information are Freedom!
        FUCK your WIPO, too.